Tax Planning and Structured Transactions Lawyer Hanover, MD
Crepeau Mourges provides federal and state tax advice on a wide-ranging variety of matters. We can provide thoughtful and experienced tax representation to plan for businesses – from inception to dissolution and for every transaction in between. We also frequently advise on tax issues and transactions involving individuals, estates, and trusts. Our insight can help you to identify, plan, and respond to complex and changing federal, state, and international tax laws.
Nearly every transaction in a business setting has tax consequences. Some transactions are significantly more complicated than others. The stakes are often high too. Whether your business is navigating a sophisticated transaction, facing a tax audit, or is embroiled in a tax controversy, legal advice from an experienced attorney is essential. At Crepeau Mourges, we want to help you avoid tax missteps. Both clients and their advisors have trusted our experience and focus handling sensitive and significant tax issues. Past engagements involving the provision of significant tax advice include the following:
- Formation, dissolution, mergers, and acquisitions of businesses and nonprofits
- Complex profit-sharing/retirement plans and related transactions
- Commercial lending and other financing arrangements
- Real estate financing and acquisitions
- Gift and estate planning
- Employment and independent contractor arrangements
- Structuring joint ventures and partnerships
- Tax and regulatory compliance planning for foreign accounts and assets
- Cross-border transactions (FIRPTA, FATCA, GILTI, transfer pricing)
- Assistance in legislative and regulatory developments
- Multistate due diligence relating to variety of taxes
- Outside counsel for litigation matters and internal investigations
Serious issues like these require serious and skilled advice. When your financial livelihood or the future of your business is on the line, a generalist will not do. The attorneys at Crepeau Mourges devote their practice to tax and financial matters. We can help to ensure that you are maximizing the value of a transaction and fulfilling your obligations. We will do this in a no-nonsense manner that values you, your opinion, and your future. Call Crepeau Mourges today and let us help to make tax planning an asset, not an expense.