March 8, 2021
Have you or a loved one been injured while in the care of a medical professional? Unfortunately, this can happen all too often and leave people with, sometimes, irreversible injuries that could affect their day-to-day life for the rest of their life. When this does happen, there is something that can victims of medical mistakes can do, they can take legal action with the assistance of a medical mistake attorney in Baltimore, MD, such as from Cohen & Cohen, P.C., to get the justice and compensation they deserve for the pain and suffering they have had to endure. It is recommended that you seek legal advice from a professional before moving forward with a legal claim to ensure that you have the legal guidance you need to succeed.
Examples of Medical Mistakes
As you would probably guess, there’s no limit to the types of medical mistakes that can occur in the medical field, however, there are some more common areas for mistakes to take place that can lead to injury for the patient. Here are some of the areas that more commonly result in a legal case:
- Birth Injuries – this could include injuries to the baby and/or the mother. Injuries in the this area are often severe and irreversible and could affect the child for their entire life, such as injuries like cerebral palsy.
- Misdiagnosis or Failure to Diagnose – this can happen in many ways, and can result in serious injuries because you have been treated for the wrong ailment, or not received treatment at all due to the fact that you were not properly diagnosed for it. In these cases no treatment or wrong treatment is the cause of further injury.
- Prescription Errors – Taking the wrong meds can serious, and it can happen that a patient does not get prescribed the appropriate medications for their ailment, or not the appropriate dosage. When this happens, it can lead to serious, long-term injuries.
- Surgical Errors – There is a certain amount of risk in any surgery, but when standard practice was not followed by the surgeon, or they were careless/negligent, it can result in an injury that was avoidable. A surgical error can leave a patient injured in many ways and possibly even requiring further surgical procedures.
- Anesthesia Errors- Anesthesia is the drug used to fully sedate the patient (or “put you under”) for a surgery or other medical procedure, it is powerful and useful, but can also be dangerous when not used and monitored properly. These errors can range from moderate to severe (even including death) when the appropriate amount of anesthesia is not maintained throughout a medical procedure.
Call a Medical Mistake Attorney
If you’ve been injured in some way while in the care of medical professional, don’t hesitate to speak with a medical mistake attorney about your case and legal options. An attorney can review your case and help you determine the best plan of action and next steps for your case. Give yourself the peace of mind having an experienced attorney by your side and providing the legal guidance. Contact a law firm today!